Does the way your teeth look matter?
Statistics show that nearly 30% of the people you meet will notice the appearance of your teeth before anything else. What does that mean if your smile isn’t as aesthetically-pleasing as you’d like it to be? Find out how to boost your confidence and make a positive impact on the people you meet with porcelain veneers.
Additionally, learn why it’s a worthwhile investment!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Made from thin slithers of ceramic material, porcelain veneers are custom-designed by your cosmetic dentist to fit directly over your front-facing teeth. They are able to mask such imperfections as gaps, misalignment, slight cases of crookedness and stains.
Here are the normal steps to the procedure:
- A thin layer of enamel is removed so the veneers can fit properly.
- Bite impressions are taken, and they are sent to a trusted lab that will fabricate the final set of veneers.
- While waiting on the permanent veneers to be crafted, you’ll be fitted with a temporary set to protect your teeth.
- When they’re ready, you’ll return to have your permanent veneers placed and to receive any final adjustments.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
The only way to get an accurate quote for porcelain veneers is to visit your cosmetic dentist for a consultation. The professional will fully assess the current condition of your smile to determine what will be the best approach.
Throughout the treatment planning, you’ll be able to provide your input so you can experience the full benefits of a completely customized procedure.
Are Porcelain Veneers Worth the Investment?
Ultimately, this is a question you’ll have to answer. However, you should ask yourself, “Is feeling more confident about my smile important?” If the answer is ‘yes,’ then porcelain veneers are the perfect fit.
Here are some specific perks you should know about:
- The procedure is minimally-invasive so you won’t have to worry about any excruciating pain.
- Porcelain veneers are also stain-resistant because they don’t have any pores that allow leftover food and beverage residue to settle.
- The veneers can last up to 15 years, which means that properly cared for, they’ll yield an excellent return on your investment.
A final point to consider when it comes to value is that when you feel better about yourself, hormones like endorphins, dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin are released. They produce a euphoric feeling, and they also contribute to fortifying your immune system. That means greater protection from the many illnesses and diseases that can develop in the body.
When you commit to revamping your smile with porcelain veneers, you’ll experience the many benefits that come along with receiving treatment.